See and Share Knowledge about your Trademark Assets.
DYNAMIC BIG PICTURE OF TRADEMARK PROTECTION
MapWise software transforms your trademark data into a dynamic 'Big Picture' of the legal foundation of your global brands.
You can see, share, and discuss this Big Picture with other senior executives.
MapWise Product Codes gives you a simple, easy way to know what your trademarks protect.
- A trademark identifies the source of goods and services. While trademark professionals think in terms of International Classes 9 or 12, everyone else thinks in terms of computer software, skateboards, or apparel.
- MapWise Product Codes offer you an easy way to codify these goods and services so everyone in the room can understand what each mark protects.
- With this insight, you can consider how to leverage your trademarks by expanding their product scope to increase branded product revenue.
TRADEMARK DUE DILIGENCE
MapWise lets you see what you own and document it.
- Corporations have ongoing legal or accounting requirements (e.g. Sarbanes-Oxley and GAAP) to conduct regular audits of their trademark assets and report a change in status of these assets. MapWise reports gives you, your accountants and auditors a complete documented record of your assets and the annual impairment of these assets.
- Be in a position of knowledge when buying or selling your trademark assets. A famous example of the failure of IP due diligence occurred when Volkswagen bought the Rolls Royce automobile assets for nearly $800 million in 1998. It acquired everything to make a Rolls Royce car: the manufacturing plant at Crewe, the designs, and the machinery, but not the Rolls Royce trademark. Volkswagen could manufacture the cars but couldn't put the famous RR trademark on the grill. MapWise reports and visualizations helps you avoid this kind of error.